Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hurricanes are a coming....

Wow, just saw the future in Central America.....none too eager to witness that fury again. Last year was my eigth year in Florida and my first time at having to evacuate. Those poor people in C. America are so unprepared, having been to that area a few times it's a pretty safe bet that corrugates metal and adobe shacks are not what you want to be in. Last year was trying enough for me in a concrete block house, what with no power for days, no gas, no supermarket. i guess the upside to abject poverty is that you don't miss what you don't already have, still I guess prayers are in order for the many thousands who will surely know the terror of the impending fury....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was glancing at a CNN report that mentioned this was possibly going to be a bigger year for hurricanes than last year.

Better stock up on can goods.