Thursday, August 17, 2006

Beta is Better

Ok, so I guess it worked? I upgraded to the new "Beta" Blogger version....which I assume is what kid Technicolor (JGLOW) did as well. So it's all good in the 'hood. Received salutations from fellow bloggers AKJN and MofC regarding my changes, so I guess the new PinF is out there.

On another note...PinF is adding a new link of interest today. I've recently coreesponded with another galavanting world traveler who is also making the treak from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, Argentina and almost 20k mile journey. This journey is a bit different that my last link of a fellow who made this journey by BMW motorcycle . For starters my new "linkee" will be documenting this entire journey on camera that has been mounted on the handlebars of his BICYCLE. That's right. This Brit is driving from top to bottom on a bike. His gimmick? He'll make the trip on a tandem bike and offer rides to people the entire length in exchange for the company, pedal power and videography. He's sure to encounter countless stories and characters along the way, especially when he enters south of the border where a bike is sometimes a luxury. His journal is interesting already as are the photos of such pristine counrty. Currently he is poised to enter the US from Canada, just north of Seattle.

I have my good friend Bubs, himself a professionsal cameraman with several Emmy awards to his credit standing by to greet him into Seattle. Bubs will be offering techical camera assistance. Dominic is looking for riders his entire route so if you know anyone on the west coast who wants to knock out a few miles, direct them to his site where they can get in touch and check progress. He is hoping to raise money for needy children and put together a documentary of the trip once completed. Interesting and grueling journey. PinF will once again follow vicariously, knowing his trip will come soon.

1 comment:

akjn westside said...

sounds like Bubs will need some silcone butt implants....long ride! I liked the pics of the hermit crab living in the horse clam-cool!