Wednesday, March 07, 2007

You Want Some PinF eh?

Noticably silent, though always pondering the details of life. Not posting as of late, at least not online; but always in my mind. This is a tough time. Some may recognize this, some may not. Grief comes in many forms, sometimes it's in watching my daughter try a new experience or being somwhere where we had been together. Most often it'll be a photo, or a song, and Sophia will turn to me sincerity in her voice and say "I miss pop-pop" -- gulp. So do I.

Time has dulled the pain though not erased it. I know I'll feel this hole forever. This time last year PinF was packing to fly to his father for what he knew was the last few days he would spend with his pop in this lifetime. I arrived March 8th. dread in my heart, tears in my eyes, and a lump in my throat. I held his hand, played his music, rubbed his back and waited. And waited more. Now PinF packs again, this time for New Orleans to raise hell like I know I will at an Irish Catholic wedding in the French Quarter.

I hear you all, I read your emails. I just haven't had it in me. Everyday brings the reality and the anniversary of my father's passing closer. So PinF is still there, he just isn't here. I found this post written almost one year ago exactly..........I know for now that he is where he was meant to be.

Deus Ibi Est.

1 comment:

akjn westside said...

sorry doll...

raise hell in the Quarter - you deserve it!

I got goosebumps reading the other post...time surely flies

good to hear your voice :) xoxo