Friday, August 03, 2007

The Longest Haul

I'm in Gatwick. Crazy it is.....many Brit's hustling about on holiday. I hear the the annoying voices of first time American travelers complaining "...well that's not how we do it in America..." when told only ONE carry on, be it purse, computer, etc. Good byes are always hard, especially with people who you've had the privilege of knowing for so long of your adult life as opposed to your early childhood years. And so it was for PinF. Tough good-byes in Denmark, and Britain to old and seasoned friendships.

I also made new friends. My mate Paul's lovely new bride, Natasha a glowing example. (pictures to follow). Up at 5:45 AM, out at 6:45 AM for the scrambling ride to Gatwick and then into the cauldron of security checks and precautions. I'm finished now and await my gate announcement. I have my Times newspaper, Ipod, and great books courtesy of my dear friends Phil and Linda. I had planned on posting the all encompassing post via my lap-top if Gatwick was WiFi capable. It may be, though I don't think so with the availability of pay for use PC's about the terminal. If there is WiFi I'll be posting a bit more--with photos, when I get to my gate.

For now, I bid all my wonderful friends adieu and and thank them for the wonderful hospitality, fun, and laughs. I was able to check all my blue friends. Life is good.

PaynterinFlight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miss the Timster already, it is so quiet.xxxx