Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gonna Have A Ball

The invitation sounds formal. The venue certainly is. The Marriot PGA Ballroom, 6PM sharp. And so it went, I rather nonchalantly accepted my pretty lady friend’s invitation after making her wait a day or so while “checked to see if my calendar was clear.

Truth be told it’s been a while since I’ve been to a semi-formal dance, so I’m a tad nervous. I spoke with my date last night and she was nervous too, although for different reasons. Like members of the opposite persuasion she was concerned with what I was wearing, color of suit, etc. I assured I would be looking smart, and that she had no worries.

As usual I have a myriad of affairs to tend to before picking up my date for tonight’s function. First a quick stop at the hospital to check on my neighbor Don and smuggle in some contraband food. Then it’s off to the dry cleaner to pick up my suit. Last stop will be at the florist to pick up small corsage I guess…..just thinking out loud here. Not really sure of “Ball” etiquette. I’m going to have to make a call on that one.

So that’s one day in the life of PinF. There are cobalt blue and cloudless skies here today, and a nice breezy cold front blew in last night. Temperature plummeted to 40 this morning with an afternoon high not expected to reach 60! Love it. Of course it’ll be 85 by Saturday so the spring like weather is short lived.

So anyway back to my date. A real stunner if I may say so. She’s a brown haired, brown eyed beauty with an olive complexion of Latin roots. She’s also fore warned me about dance etiquette; claims she doesn’t do “slow dances”. Interesting, looks like the PinF is going to have to bring his salsa/mambo “A” game tonight. Roger that.

Ok, gotta run, lots to do. I’ll post an update either late tonight, or early tomorrow, including photos, because I know you’re all dying to check PinF’s Latin stunner of a date to the Ball!

No comments: