Friday, December 02, 2005

PinF has Invited some Friends Over

PinF has added some new and quite frankly, very interesting links. On Wednesday while surfing around the Blogs of the world just to see what's out there I came across an artist from Italy with a Blog that showcases wonderful pieces of art in several mediums. Often times as I've looked out of my own little Blogisphere of friends to see what's beyond the horizon I have found there's a whole lot of shit. This wasn't the case with Michele Omiccioli's site, he's an artist in Italy with a Blog that shows like a mini gallery of his works. I complimented him on his work and we struck up a conversation that 10 years ago would have been impossible. He responded in kind and thanked me for visiting when in fact it was I who should be thanking him, as it's so nice to find quality of any kind on the internet as the medium slowly slips into mediocrity. After exchanging several email's I decided I was impressed enough with his work that he should enjoy a link to PinF in hopes that I could at least do my small part in bringing a little color to my friends and maybe a bit more exposure to his work. Michele responded in kind by informing me he was sending three drawings from Italy!! PinF is a lover of art, and in all forms, so I am eagerly awaiting these pieces and may in fact feature them at a later date here on PinF; I will definitely have them framed an added to my collection. I hope any readers of PinF pay Michele's site a visit and enjoy his on-line gallery. Some of PinF's favorites include: A, B, and C. Check him out and let him know PinF sent you.

Another interesting and almost "art like" link would be that of a gentleman named Tim Campion, through whose Blog you can travel through South America with him as he steadily makes his way from his starting point in Alaska all the way to the southern most tip of the continent, Tierra del Fuego. Oh and did I mention he's doing this trip alone on his BMW GS1200 motorcycle? This is compelling reading as well as fantastic photos as Tim's travels have him connecting with indigenous peoples of the America's all while photo-documenting many areas that most people are unfamilar with. Currently Tim is in Peru where he has posted his latest photos and story, I have also had the good fortune to be in contact with this Blogger as well. To those of you who know PinF, this has long been a dream of his as well, something PinF hopes to do this year on a smaller scale mind you (Central America). Tim's grit and determination are well admired by PinF and I highly suggest readers of this Blog check in on him, cheer him on, and offer kind encouragements for his truly epic adventure. Blogs like these showcase this medium in it's finest; allowing a reader or visitor the opportunity to walk outside of his or her world and outside of their doors to explore what's beyond our horizons. Often times we live in our own insulated worlds so it's nice to remember that there are those who are living life and doing the things many of us only dream or read about. Vicariously living a dream is better than never dreaming at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 projections is my favorite. my comment was..

osservando l'immagine, è forte, ma sento la voce di una donna... che è la mia sensibilità

the door has almost a rothko feeling but with more lightness of being.

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Good for you StudioK, he's quite talented and deserves some light being shone onto his work....

Anonymous said...

www.artbeacon.com - online source for artists to sell work..